Patients of all ages with varying needs can benefit from the many unique preparations and novel delivery systems brought about by advances in dental compounding.
If patients have difficulty swallowing pills, our pharmacists can create gels to be placed directly on the skin. Patients who suffer from hypersensitivity or anxiety during dental procedures can benefit from topical anesthetics placed on the gums prior to a procedure. Dental medications can also be prepared for children by using liquids, pastes, or flavored candies to make them palatable. Flavoring can also be a benefit for dental patients. Because many rinses or dental solutions can have a bitter or unpleasant taste, our compounding pharmacists can add pleasant flavors to make the dental treatments easier to use, without affecting the medical benefit.
- Some of our favorite dental compounds include:
- Lip balms for viral lesions
- Topical muscle relaxants/analgesics
- Vitamin K
- Topical anesthetics
- Non-staining antibacterial rinses
- Oral sedation in lollipops and freezer pops
- Lollipops for oral thrush
- Mouth rinses for aphthous ulcers or chemotherapy-induced stomatitis
- Mouth rinse to stop oral bleeding during dental procedures for patients who take anticoagulants
- Dry socket preparations
- “Mucosal bandages” to cover ulcerated, infected, or tender mucosa
- Lozenges that help to prevent gagging
To learn more about dental compounding and the many other services that we provide, call us today at 1.833.MEDS.NOW!